Robot Ops Character Showcase: Bolt
Bolt is one of 4 playable characters in my upcoming game Robot Ops. Like Gnarlos, he is a Melee fighter. However, he differs from Gnarlos in two key ways: his sword can attack enemies all around him, and his abilities are Passive abilities instead of Active. He's also the first character I've introduced so far that does not have a Dash attack. Instead, he is able to Double Jump, making him a great character for moving around the map with ease.
- Melee attack locks onto enemies
- Passive abilities assist him in battle rather than changing his primary attack
- Double Jump
In addition to his standard attack, he has 6 Passive abilities. Passive Abilities drain Magic when in use, and some drain more than others. All of Bolt's abilities recharge Magic twice as fast as it drains.
- Star Bolts spiral outwards and damage enemies on contact
- Helps damage enemies out of Bolt's reach
- Best to have active before starting a battle against several enemies
- Good all-around damage and coverage
- 5 Gems encircle Bolt
- Gems damage enemies on contact
- When Bolt is damaged, a Gem takes the damage instead
- Bolt is immune to all damage while Royal Guard has at least 1 Gem active
- Gems recharge in 4 seconds after being used to absorb damage or attack enemies
- Essential if low on health or when entering a busy area
- 2 Waterspouts deal constant Water damage to any enemy caught in them
- Enemies making contact with either spout are slowed down
- Great for clearing enemies above or below Bolt
- Greatly boosts Primary Attack damage, range, and velocity
- Slows enemies down
- Best for dealing lots of damage to individual enemies very quickly
- 2 Electrically-charged Shields travel back and forth around Bolt
- Shields deal massive damage to enemies on contact
- Electric bolts deal damage to nearby enemies
- Great balance of high direct damage and area-of-effect damage
- Fire and Hail fall from the skies!
- Deals both Fire and Ice damage to enemies
- Covers the whole screen and destroys almost everything in sight
Robot Ops is a game I'm making for Android, available Fall 2021.
There is 1 character left to introduce. Check out the other characters here:
Leave a Comment